Sunday, June 4, 2017

King Arthur Bakealong Challenge

It turns out, learning to bake with wheat has a learning curve.


This was my first attempt at pizza dough. It got away from me somewhat.

Learning to bake without wheat was enormously frustrating. I'm now a bit intimidated about going back.

Serendipitously, I got an email from King Arthur about their monthly bakealong. I may have been getting these for ages (I have no idea how long they have been running this) but I used to ignore the King Arthur emails because of wheat. This caught my eye.

I would love to have friends join me in my quest to be a better baker. I will admit I love this is a monthly challenge. I barely successfully shower every day; I am bound to fail any daily challenge.

For June, King Arthur is making baguettes. Because I have complete understanding of those with food restrictions, if you are wheat free, here is an amazing  gluten free version from Gluten Free Jules. She even has directions at the bottom for a yeast free version. All of her recipes come with adaptions to be free of the top 8 allergens.

Let me know if you decide to bakealong!

No comments:

Post a Comment